Communications and Project Director (Summer Student Position)
We’re Hiring! The Literacy Coalition is seeking to hire a returning student as our Communications and Program Director.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Program Director will be responsible for the communications activities of the Literacy Coalition including development of a monthly online newsletter, management of LCNB social media platforms, posting to the LCNB website, and assisting with coordination of some LCNB projects. Successful candidates must have a passion for advancing literacy, excellent writing skills, knowledge of social media platforms and WordPress.
This is 35 hours a week position, starting in May and ending at the end of August. There is a possibility of continuing in a part time (8 hours per week) position for the school semester.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the LCNB website using WordPress
- Manage Facebook and Twitter sites
- Produce the monthly online LCNB newsletter
- Provide writing capacity and expertise to support priority communications
- Scan media coverage on literacy and essential skills regularly
- Manage and support the coordination of literacy and essential skills projects and initiatives
- Other tasks as needed.
$12.50 per hour for 35 hours a week.
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Strong writing abilities
- Knowledgeable on social media platforms
- Experience with WordPress is an asset
- Bilingual (French English capacity is desirable)
- Must be a student returning to studies this fall
Please email your cover letter and resume to the Literacy Coalition of New Brunswick at: Communications@nbliteracy.ca by April 1st, 2020 at 11:59pm.