Our Essential Employability Skills program is now accepting applications!
Our latest project, Essential Employability Skills – Health Sector, is now looking for participants for cohort 2. This program offers a skill building and meaningful work experience.
To qualify, you must:
- Have your GED or High School Diploma
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada and live in New Brunswick
- Currently be underemployed or unemployed
- Pass a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
Participants will receive:
- 10 weeks of classroom training in essential employability skills
- A new Chromebook computer and headset, which participants keep when the training is finished
- Help with resume and portfolio creation
- A 6-week paid work placement in entry level positions in long term care
To apply to be part of cohort 2, email Sherri Deveau at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to our cohort 1 graduates!
Our cohort 1 participants graduated this past summer, completing their essential employability skills training! The participants used a specialized curriculum for the long-term health care industry. The knowledge and skills gained from the program will be invaluable as they continue on into employment!
Thank you to our employer partners for cohort 1:
- Golden Years Estates
- Kindred Care
- Foyer Sainte-Antoine
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Adult Learning, Literacy and Essential Skills Program. This project is led by the Literacy Coalition of New Brunswick in partnership with the PEI Literacy Alliance, and Newfoundland and Labrador Laubach Literacy Council.
For more information, contact: